Thursday, August 5, 2010

Update 8.5.10

Wow! how time flies!
First off, the onion patch was completely stripped bare of all the seedlings by birds. (Apparently we are learning the downside of gardening right next to 20 acres of woods.)
The soil that I bought for the buckets was exactly that, soil, which is not the recommended growing medium for the water wicking. Needless to say, the one tomato plant that was planted several days ago did not survive, despite my best efforts.

Also, The new little greenhouse box that we bought, did not work. Two of the 36 seeds planted actually sprouted. Not sure if perhaps it was the seed starting soil I bought, or if the whole mini greenhouse thing is to blame.

Frustration. And, I wasted a ton of good seeds on that tray. hopefully, I can dig them out and re-plant them. Time is ticking down to the second growing season, so hopefully we can get this going soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment